A smile makeover combines proven cosmetic dentistry techniques and procedures to help you achieve your goals for a perfect smile.
You don’t have to spend years wearing braces to get the gorgeous grin you’ve dreamed about. In fact, in only a few, short visits with a cosmetic dentist, you can flaunt your beautiful, natural-looking teeth. And, in some cases, cosmetic dental procedures can even restore and protect your teeth.
At Alta View Dental Care, we believe you deserve to have a healthy, attractive smile that makes you feel good. To help our patients achieve their smile makeover goals, we offer a full range of cosmetic dentistry services.
What Issues Can Cosmetic Dentistry Address?
The most common conditions that cosmetic dentists work with include:
- Missing teeth
- Stained and discolored teeth
- Chipped and cracked teeth
- Gaps and misalignment of teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Undersized and uneven teeth
A cosmetic dentist can close gaps between teeth, elongate or enlarge a small tooth and create symmetry in uneven or mismatched teeth. A smile makeover can make tooth staining or discoloration disappear and even replace a missing tooth.
What Cosmetic Dentistry Techniques Are Used in a Smile Makeover?
Cosmetic dentistry uses a variety of procedures and techniques to achieve your goals. The most common techniques used are:
- Dental implants – implants replace missing teeth and help prevent bone loss in the jaw. Implants look, feel and function just like your natural teeth.
- Porcelain veneers – veneers are thin coverings permanently attached to the surface of the tooth. They can cover a stained tooth and correct the appearance of a misshapen or misaligned tooth.
- Dental crowns – crowns cover the entire tooth, restoring its appearance and protecting the tooth structure. Crowns are ideal for cracked, worn, decayed or misshapen teeth.
- Teeth whitening – this procedure addresses staining that occurs from medication, drinking coffee and red wine and tobacco stains.
- Composite bonding – bonding describes a procedure in which the dentist applies a composite material to a damaged or decayed area of the tooth and forms it to achieve a specific goal.
Are You a Good Candidate for a Smile Makeover?
If you hide your smile behind your hand or closed lips – or if you’re simply uncomfortable letting anyone see your teeth – you are likely a good candidate for cosmetic dentistry and a smile makeover.
Research shows that an attractive smile can improve both your social and career potential, not to mention improve your self-confidence and self-image.
In Sandy, Utah, Dr. Richard Hughes and the professional team at Alta View Dental Care provide a full range of cosmetic dental and teeth whitening services. Dr. Hughes performs these procedures in our office, quickly and painlessly, so you can enjoy a dynamic smile that fits your personality and goals.
Contact us today to learn more about how our Sandy UT cosmetic dentistry services can give you the smile makeover you deserve.